Saturday, February 21, 2009

This Is Why I Do What I Do


Today was supposed to be my catch up day. I've been feeling so behind in every aspect of my home and work life that I figured I'd send the kids out to ski, husband to mind Willi's and I would lock myself away and work.


In my defense it is a blue-bird day here and the slopes were calling - no singing my name. The last ounce of my concentration slipped away and I gave into it. I rushed down to the slopes to get a few runs in instead of eating lunch and was immediately rewarded by an Anna sighting. She rushed into my arms, gave me a big hug and then took off back to her WPRC ski team mates. It was then that I knew I'd made the right decision.


It was beautiful out on the hill - Greg even came with me for a few runs and now I'm back at 'work' doing what I love to do. I honestly believe my heading out to the slopes was not a work avoidance technique but the vital mental floss I needed to remind me of why I do what I do.


See ya on the slopes!


Kjerstin

No comments: