Thursday, September 4, 2008

Prepare In Advance For The Upcoming Season

I walked my kids home from school today and it was 95 degrees. Now I realize that eventually I will have to go to the mall and buy some long sleeve t-shirts, pants, tights and the like but it just seems so remote I’m just not ready to jump in to that yet. Getting ready for the slopes, however is another story! I am already done for that. I have bins carefully labeled for each family member. Last year at the end of the season I cleaned and folded all of our gear into our bins. Had some stuff repaired, pulled out those things that no longer fit and made a list for each person as to what they needed. Over the summer I filled each persons list and carefully packed the items into their bin – come first snowfall we are ready to rally!

Now I realize that working for a ski and snowboard shop means that I have summer access to goods that others might not but keep in mind that our busiest time, the time I don’t have time to get my family ready is the time that you are trying to get your family together. So yes, I may be ahead of you time-wise but my time is over and yours is just starting. Don’t wait though, now is the time to hit the big pre season sales and catch all of the newest stuff. Ski shops aren’t like the mall stores, there is limited inventory and once it is gone it is gone. Look over the Needs Check List and review the steps for Investment Buying (Snow Deva 2007) and pull what you need together in advance because if the snow comes early you want to be able to just pick up and go and if the slopes open during the holidays you don’t want to compromise your party time by having to wash your sweaters!

No comments: