Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tokidoki


OK, I know I promised to continue our discussion on sizing up and fitting children but I have to interrupt that line of thought for a moment. Not being in the warehouse much this summer I didn't get to see everything as it came in. I knew we had some really great stuff coming in from Ride and saw on the reports that some of it was already selling really well. This is a busy time of year and to be honest I really didn't think much of it but when I saw there was a Ride re-order coming off of the truck I had to ask why we were already getting delivery on a re-order instead of selling what we have.

"This stuff is so awesome!" is the answer I got - and I expected it. Each year someone falls in love with at least one product and that is all they want to sell all year. When I saw the packing list though my memories started to flood back - it was a second order of the Ride Tokidoki collection - and yes it is awesome. Frankly I'd forgotten about it. It was a no-brainer easy buy because I knew it would sell and both our hard goods and soft goods snowboard buyers loved it and they rarely agree on anything.

At any rate the entire collection is incredible. It is fun, lively and top-of-the line technology. The project is a collaboration between Ride's technical team and the artist Simone Legno. Tokidoki means 'sometimes' in Japanese and was chosen by Legno because of his love for Japanese culture and the way in which the word symbolizes the magical quality that is found when serendipity, chance, hope and destiny mingle in our daily lives.

So the fun thing is how the project all came together. The collection includes a jacket, which comes in two colorways and includes a pair of Tokidoki knit fingerless gloves, a pant, also in two color ways and comes with a pair of limited edition Tokidoki riding socks, a boot, a binding and a board. It's fun, it's edgy and it has the technology behind it to make for a great day on the hill.

No comments: