Sunday, December 27, 2009

I'd Rather Be Working

Christmas has passed for another year and even though it has turned out to be an incredible day I have passed up a chance to head to the slopes to stay in to work.

I realize most of you will say I am nuts but I really DO enjoy what I do and frankly with all the holiday craziness I have not been able to get to all of those things I have wanted to do work wise.

Most of you know that I work for Willi's Ski Shop...what I do there is wear many hats and like most people who wear many hats I do not give everything the attention I should. What often falls by the wayside when things get busy is the communication with our cyber community. When things are nuts I don't get to chat with other enthusiasts, I don't get to write about the things I love about the outdoors in winter, the great new products or how great the slopes or the competitions are, and I miss it. To me communicating about it is what makes the whole 'mountains-in-winter' thing fun - the sharing. I just happen to be in the lucky position of being paid for doing it!

So - even though the slopes here at Seven Springs are incredible today, don't think me too odd for choosing to work; instead, find me on twitter and tell me all about your most recent day on the slopes, post some pictures on our facebook pages or make a comment here because for me, that is work, and today, I'd rather be working!

See ya on the slopes! - (but not today)


Kjerstin

No comments: